Consent has a number of dimensions, and it is so much richer, deeper, and more interesting than simply “no means no.” I recently saw an Instagram post by Dr. Alexandra Solomon that talked about how ‘clarity is not cruelty’, and it was so eye-opening to me, Renegades, that I knew I had to talk to her.
Dr. Alexandra Solomon is a Clinical Assistant Professor at Northwestern University and a licensed Clinical Psychologist at The Family Institute at Northwestern University. She is an author and writes a column for Psychology Today, frequently being asked to talk about love, sex, and marriage. She joins me this week to share her expertise and talk more deeply about dating, consensual sex, and relationships.
Join us this week for an explorative conversation around consent, clarity, and what we’ve been taught about heteronormative relationships. We discuss consensual sex, polyamory, BDSM, and being Queer, and I am very excited to share today’s conversation about what consent is at the very core. There are so many nuances around consent, and we’re diving deeper into them this week.
What You Will Discover:
- Why sexual experiences begin with a conversation.
- The reason people are nervous talking about sex and how to feel more comfortable with it.
- Where the orgasm gap is happening in relationships.
- The problem with sex education in the U.S.
- Why consent and communication are the foundation of sex, relationships and intimacy.
- How patriarchy can hurt men as well as women.
- Why there is not enough intimate conversation about sex and consent.
- If you’re enjoying the podcast, Renegade, let me know! Leave me a review on Apple Podcasts and click here to leave some comments, sign up for my newsletter, or just connect with me directly.
- Ep #77: Saying What You Mean
- Clarity is not Cruelty – Dr. Alexandra Solomon Instagram Post
- Dr. Alexandra Solomon: Website | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn
- Taking Sexy Back: How to Own Your Sexuality and Create the Relationships You Want by Dr. Alexandra Solomon
- Loving Bravely: Twenty Lessons of Self-Discovery to Help You Get the Love You Want by Dr. Alexandra Solomon
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode. Listen on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.