Something I thought I would never do as a mother was become friends with my children, but here I am, and I am loving it all. And this week, I am joined by my child, Faith. Our relationship hasn’t always been straightforward, but I am so happy to be where we are right now and share our conversation this week.
Faith has experienced a number of changes since they last joined me on the podcast, and they are currently about to face another change as they embark on their journey to college. But this time is bittersweet for Faith, and we’re discussing why that is in this episode.
Tune in this week and hear a candid conversation with Faith as they share their journey with self-love and feeling intense love for another person as well as the concept of learning to express who you are as a person. We discuss social constructs, feminism, patriarchy, and love, and Faith walks me through some concepts I am somewhat unfamiliar with.
What You Will Discover:
- Why I wanted to bring this conversation to the podcast.
- What it has been like for Faith as they embark on this new chapter of their life.
- The importance of being open to other points of view.
- How my relationship with Faith has evolved over the years.
- What the real work of self-love looks like.
- How heartbreaking it can be to consciously uncouple from another person.
- The reason Faith identifies as nonbinary.
- If you’re enjoying the tools and concepts I’m sharing each week about your brain on dating, you won’t want to miss out on working with me one-on-one. I’ve just launched my program, Wake Up Before Another Breakup, where in just 8 weeks, you won’t question if you can trust yourself to date or why you can’t find the one. Click here to learn more about it and how you can work with me.
- What It’s Like to Be 15, with Depression and the Desire to Cut
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- Normal People by Sally Rooney
- Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
- I’m taking tune in and turn on to another level, and I want to invite you to join me on the journey. I have created a space called the House of Other, it’s an unedited guide to finding pleasure. You’ll find my ratings, reviews, experiences, opinions and recommendations on all things I’m indulging in, as well as conversations and essays addressing all things cliteracy. Come on over and subscribe to join me on the journey, I’ll see you there.
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode. Listen on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.