I have a story for you all today and I want you to see if you can recognize yourself in it. We’re all guilty of having great expectations, of operating from a manual that constantly gives our power away. What if you ditched that manual?
We expect those we’re in relationships with to meet our needs and expectations without us actually saying what our needs and expectations are. Then, when they go unmet, we make that mean something about us. And we blame them for making us feel this way.
In today’s episode, I’m exploring how your manuals for how others should behave could be hurting your relationships and be giving your power away. When we believe that our feelings come from others’ behavior, our expectations for them get greater and greater. I’m sharing how to take your power back, let the adults be adults, and start meeting your own needs. Look at your relationships and see if you operate this way. Then, Renegades, the choice is yours.
What You Will Discover:
- What a manual is and how you may be operating from one.
- How to stop trying to control people and start connecting.
- Why emotional blackmail is hurting you and others.
- The coolest thing about being an adult.
- Some examples of operating from a manual.