I have been thinking a lot lately about how the brain will take in information based on what it sees or hears, and make a bunch of assumptions based on very little fact. We feel sure that what we think is the truth, and we rarely ever know otherwise; until somebody tells us.
When we are so up in our heads, things get lost in translation. Your thinking will not only be endless, but it will be constant drama. So how do we tame the brain? We intercept the script and rewrite the role we are playing out.
In this episode, I’m telling you why developing awareness of your thoughts enables you to talk back to your brain and rewire your thought processes. I share some questions to ask yourself that will enable you to deconstruct what your brain is telling you, and why your thinking is optional so you can choose to think in a way that serves you.
What You Will Discover:
- How to check in with the story your brain is telling you vs reality.
- What happens when you allow your brain to run on autopilot.
- How things can get lost in translation.
- The importance of being aware of your thought patterns.
- How to stop making things mean things that aren’t true.
- If you’re enjoying the tools and concepts I’m sharing each week about your brain on dating, you won’t want to miss out on working with me one-on-one. I’ve just launched my program, Wake Up Before Another Breakup, where in just 8 weeks, you won’t question if you can trust yourself to date or why you can’t find the one. Click here to learn more about it and how you can work with me.
- Awareness: The Perils and Opportunities of Reality by Anthony De Mello