Have you ever heard someone use the phrase la petite mort? It’s not uncommon to use this phrase after a really good orgasm, or at the end of an amazing book or tv series. When something good comes to an end, there is la petite mort; a tiny death.
I’ve found myself thinking about this phrase lately, more in terms of goals and achievements. We keep our eyes on the prize and believe that once we achieve our goals, we will finally be happy or successful. But when we actually get what we wanted, the realization sinks in that the foreplay, the buildup, is over.
Renegades, in this episode I’m here to tell you that no matter how big your bank account is or how hot your man is, life is not about the climax. There is no summit, only an endless journey of exhilarating passion. Sounds good, right? Listen in as I share how to become a lover of the buildup and work on your biggest obstacle: your mind.
What You Will Discover:
- What la petite mort is how it relates to life goals.
- Why so many of us believe that happiness comes from doing more.
- How goal setting can be a spiritual and even erotic process.
- How reaching the summit doesn’t evolve you, but the climb does.
- Why I recommend masturbating mindfully, and how to do it.
- How my role as a consumer has shifted with my desire for foreplay.
- Ep #33: Manifesting Good Feelings
- The Kosher Sutras by Marcus Freed
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill