Renegades, it has been a minute since my last episode. I decided to take a little breather while on vacation and reflect on my decision to end my 90-day celibacy challenge. And I definitely fell into some shame. Don’t you just despise shame?
It’s amazing isn’t it, that no matter how much work you do when you get into a relationship with someone, at some point, all of your shit is going to come to the surface. I wasn’t feeling shame about ending the challenge, but rather how I had treated the person I am dating.
Join me this week as I share my journey through Shamesville and why despite feeling all the emotions, it was worth going through. It is OK to be imperfect, and this week, I’m showing you how to have the courage to sit with your emotions and grow in a relationship, regardless of the outcome or other person.
What You Will Discover:
- A wonderful technique I use to manage my brain.
- How we overcome shame and tame the brain.
- Some questions to ask yourself to take responsibility for your emotions.
- Why being in a relationship is messy.
- The importance of accepting and working through your emotions.
- If you’re enjoying the tools and concepts I’m sharing each week about your brain on dating, you won’t want to miss out on working with me one-on-one. I’ve just launched my program, Wake Up Before Another Breakup, where in just 8 weeks, you won’t question if you can trust yourself to date or why you can’t find the one. Click here to learn more about it and how you can work with me.
- The Hard Questions: 100 Essential Questions to Ask Before You Say “I Do” by Susan Piver
- Brain Pickings’ Instagram post
- Fiona Apple – Criminal