Hey Renegades. I took some time since the last episode to really think about my contribution to the racial injustices happening around the world. I want to acknowledge that I am a White woman who is just waking up to what it means to have White privilege. I want to apologize for just showing up now and for any ignorance I might display in the future as I use my voice and continue to learn.
The pain we are all feeling right now is necessary. It’s not easy to discover your unconscious beliefs and see racism. But once you’re aware of these thoughts, you can start doing the work to learn and unlearn them. To inquire, seek, and reveal.
In today’s episode, I’m sharing my thoughts on becoming anti-racist and how I plan on showing up as a life coach. Your brain and your thoughts are not fixed. You can choose what you want to think and believe about race. Thought work isn’t always pretty, but it’s so worth it. Join me in doing the thought work to rewire our brains so we can become more whole.
What You Will Discover:
- What I’ve learned about myself and racism since the last episode.
- Why the pain you’re feeling is necessary.
- The importance of doing this thought work around racism.
- That our brains aren’t wired to question thoughts or beliefs.
- How we all have a nazi within us.
- Why labeling your feelings shifts you from primal brain to logical brain.
- Previous episode: For me, it’s time to listen and unlearn
- Me and White Supremacy by Layla F. Saad
- The Choice by Dr. Edith Eger
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode. Listen on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.