We all have that time in a relationship, marriage, or even the single life when our thoughts are completely consumed by that person. This makes you feel crazy because not only do you feel out of control, but you struggle to enjoy the things right in front of you.
Does this sound familiar, Renegades? When the pandemic brought an overwhelming quiet to our lives, the volume of our thoughts got turned up. And when your thoughts are always about that person, it can be maddening.
In today’s episode, I show you why the person you’re obsessed with thinking about isn’t the problem. The problem is your brain on dating; that you haven’t learned to become aware of your thoughts and then choose them consciously. I’m sharing how you can start doing this with compassion and curiosity, and therefore, take back control of the volume dial.
What You Will Discover:
- How the pandemic made our thoughts get louder.
- Why your brain is a very efficient asshole.
- The first step to dulling the noise.
- Why the dude not texting you back isn’t what’s causing you pain.
- What will happen if you don’t learn to manage your thoughts.
- My 6 steps to becoming aware of your thoughts.
- If you’re enjoying the tools and concepts I’m sharing each week about your brain on dating, you won’t want to miss out on working with me one-on-one. I’ve just launched my program, Wake Up Before Another Breakup, where in just 8 weeks, you wont question if you can trust yourself to date or why you cant find the one. Click here to learn more about it and how you can work with me. See you there.
- The Tim Ferriss Show Ep #365: Michael Pollan – Exploring the Frontiers of Psychedelics