We’re taking a break from our brains on dating today to explore the ancient personality tool, the Enneagram. If you aren’t familiar with the Enneagram, it is a fascinating tool that helps you understand who you are and how you show up in the world based on your specific number. And it’s pretty damn accurate.
When I discovered my number and started reading about it, it was mind-boggling. It was like all my secrets were out there for the world to see. I felt some resistance to this vulnerability, which my guests today say is totally normal when we first discover our numbers. What matters is you understanding why that number aligns with you, and then using it to further develop yourself.
Listen in today as I talk with Elizabeth Chapin and Leigh Jackson of Austin Enneagram. These ladies facilitate workshops in Austin around discovering your number and learning how to use it to grow and evolve. They also host the crazy interesting podcast by the same name which is where I realized I am an Enneagram 4 through and through. In this conversation, we’re talking about where the Enneagram came from, how to use it today, and why doing the work around your number is more important than just finding out what your number is.
What You Will Discover:
- When and where the concept of the Enneagram came from.
- How Elizabeth and Leigh got into the Enneagram.
- Why it’s normal to be resistant to your number at first.
- How your number affects your relationships, romantic and otherwise.
- Why they started their podcast.
- How people can discover what their number is.
- Austin Enneagram Website | Podcast | Instagram
- Discovering Your Personality Type: The Essential Introduction to the Enneagram by Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson